View Single Post
Old 31-03-2022, 10:58 PM
OzEclipse (Joe Cali)

Old Gold

Hi Steve,
I also keep a small collection of the same things.

I have a handful of similar 'old school' ephemerides produced by Lee Lafferty of the AAQ in the late 1970's. His father, Fred used to do it for many years before that.

I have a copy the 1982 Ted Lumley USNSW handbook. Thanks for the bio about Ted. As a young member of the AAQ, I knew nothing about Ted other than his name on the book.

I also have a single copy of the 1971 USNO Astronomical Almanac. Lot's of explanatory notes on the maths behind the calculations.

Fred Espenak use to send me all the NASA eclipse bulletins and hard copies of the two Five Millennium Canon's of Solar and Lunar Eclipses. I still have all of those.

Many of these old publications were really hard work, all that plotting by hand. Real dedication required by .

These days, I produce a nightscape photographers handbook, similar to one of these ephemeris publications for Canberra/SE NSW. Early versions 7 years ago used to take quite a lot of time but I recently completed about 90% of the 2023 handbook all in one evening. It took about 3 hrs to complete. The part that is incomplete, can't be done until later this year.

Cheers

Joe Cali
Attached Thumbnails
Click for full-size image (Ephemerides-IMG_1748 copy.jpg)
91.8 KB40 views