View Single Post
Old 16-03-2022, 05:52 PM
barx1963 (Malcolm)
Bright the hawk's flight

Hi All
Firstly, apologies for not keeping up with this thread.
As you would all appreciate, a fair bit of work goes into organising these camps and much has to take place several months before the camp takes place.
Normally I would be booking and setting up the March camp in October/November the previous year. At that point in time, there was a fair amount of uncertainty as to whether or not the COVID situation was going to allow a successful camp. We held the last camp in March 2021 and the numbers were still being impacted. So I made the decision to wait and see.
Since then, obviously the situation has got better, but talking to people there is still a lot of uncertainty in peoples minds and I, quite frankly, didn't need the stress of committing to a camp that was a "maybe". My work situation and some additional responsibilities I have taken on recently have meant I am not keen on extra stress!
We do have a small bank of funds in the camp bank account, but it is not limitless, and another camp with similar numbers would close to wipe out the buffer we have built up in past years.
To that end, after discussions with Paul, we are planning on setting up a camp in November and we hope all the "regulars" will support it and spread the word. I think the best thing is to have a decent lead time so we can really promote it and get a good crowd again.

Warm regards
Malcolm