View Single Post
Old 18-02-2010, 09:21 AM
matt
6000 post club member

C9.25, focusers and controller, dewshield

Heading in a new direction,as far as astronomy is concerned, and so must clear the decks.

Reluctantly, I'm putting my Celestron 9.25" (XLT) SCT OTA up for sale.

This one is a pearler. Optically it's an outstanding unit. It comes with a story I'd be happy to share with the prospective buyer. It literally was hand-picked from among a number of tested units.

It remains in excellent condition. Cosmetically, it's in very nice shape, apart from the expected marks on the dovetail from securing it in the mount.

It still has its original box and packaging, stamped in the USA.

I'm also including aftermarket focussers: both MoonLite and a Feathertouch. The former attaches at the prime focus and is motorised for fine focus while imaging and is a very impressive unit, controlled by the provided hand controller, while the Feathertouch is a lovely bit of kit which replaces the original (manual) coarse focuser and is likewise a manually operated focuser. Anyone who has a Feathertouch...or has used one, will know how great they are.

And I'll include the Celestron dewshield as part of the package.

All up, I paid just over $3500 for this lot....

I'll take $900 off....and let it go for $2600. Buyer to pay for and organise shipping. I'm happy to deliver up to around 100km from Brisbane...local pick-up is also OK.

Please....all questions via PM....

I'll post pics later.

Last edited by matt; 07-03-2010 at 01:56 PM.