View Single Post
Old 05-11-2019, 11:46 PM
JA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atmos View Post
If you can find a way of rigidly attaching them to, let’s say a 14” Losmandy D Bar horizontally and then attach another D bar underneath vertically to put onto your EQ6 it could work well. I mean, you’re imaging with short exposures and a larger image scale so you can probably deal with the weight okay.

Ambitious project but one I’ll certainly be watching
Hi Colin,

That's almost what I'd intended. I can use (and have) a 14inch Losmandy D, but that's only enough room for 2 lenses. I really need a 17, 19 or 21, but I'd like to keep it as laterally compact as possible. It probably means some custom work.

I will post a pic later, that shows how I intend to try and stiffen the mounting: Each lens is mounted to an 11inch Losmandy D bar in 2 places (one at the lens tripod foot and at another point towards the back of the lens via at an added Parallax style mounting ring), Each of the lenses are then slid on to a typical Losmandy side by side mounting with 2 saddles. I just need to extend/mod the 14 inch bar dual saddle to make it longer and make it a triple saddle AND THEN...... join each of the mounting rings with a bar across their top. It's much easier to see in an image, which I will take and load tomorrow. I could make a lighter and even more rigid arrangement from scratch, but I prefer, for now, to try this sort of very modular approach for development.

Best
JA

Last edited by JA; 06-11-2019 at 12:04 AM.