View Single Post
Old 14-09-2021, 08:47 PM
Startrek (Martin)

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_bluester View Post
A few posts since I last posted so I wont quote individual posts, just lay out my answers.

Firstly, I am using Voyager for capture. I aim for at least 25 flats. With my refractor I set an approx 30K ADU target with a 10% tolerance and have Voyager shoot dawn sky flats for me. It starts with a 15 second default exposure and works it out for itself from there with shrinking exposure times as the sky brightens, and big ditehrs between flats so any stars captured calibrate out.

I would not worry about any split of method for calibrating the flats with the ASI2600. I have had good results calibrating with just a master bias everywhere from around 30 second exposures when I had an NB filter in the image train, to well under 1 second when I have started shooting flats a bit late and the sky is getting bright.

With my newt I am using a light panel (Controlled by Voyager) and shooting flats at night as I need to chase down a light leak that makes sky flats patchy, it is either sneaking around the main mirror cell or around the focuser drawtube. Voyager starts at a default exposure time and default panel brightness and varies both as required to hit the target ADU.
Paul
Thanks for your details
I only use solid tube newts , and now have a Huion A3 dimmable light panel to take my flats
I’ll make sure my newt is sealed at the base ( blackened shower cap )
All the information provided by everyone to date is fantastic
The weekend is suppose to be fine so I’ll be out capturing and testing
Cheers
Martin