View Single Post
Old 19-04-2012, 10:49 AM
marki
Waiting for next electron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meru View Post
Wow thanks for the insight Mark! I had a chance to play with MaximDl a few days ago, and I can see why its so good. It really does make everything else ive been using look quite - well amateurish! And yes Ive heard much about Theo's service, and your story only confirms what i already know from talking to him personally last few days. I have also been on QHYs forums and seen their level of almost instant support, it really is very good.

I suppose I was in a bit of rush to get the CCD, and the $1k off really is quite tempting. But I might just wait a little bit longer as I dont wish to rush into this. Plus I have some commitments which probably aren't gonna let up till May sometime. One hand QHY really is a great product with good value for money, but other hand I feel saving up for an SBIG and accessories might be worth the wait. I guess time will tell! Thank you so much for all your posts and advice, definitely is gonna help me make m decision. Ill post here the outcome!

Yes don't rush your choice as there are always new options coming onto the market at lower prices and the new version of the ST8300 looks impressive with fast downloads and better cooling. But whatever you do stick with Maxim, it is a steep learning curve I know but you will be hard pressed to find better.

Cheers

Mark