View Single Post
Old 10-06-2021, 09:21 PM
Atmos (Colin)
Ultimate Noob

Okay so I can all but confirm that there is some movement around a star very close to the coordinates of 00 23 53 -72 02 00. It has thrown up some more questions than answers. I really struggled to find a cooperative field when going through the HLA but I did use StarCatalogGenerator in PI and found a difference between Gaia DR1 and Gaia DR2. Gaia DR1 and Chart-32 appear to be virtually identical and from what I can gather would have been captured fairly close together time wise.

Gaia DR2 which was taken after has movement in the opposite direction to what mine does which was captured mid Sept last year.

As another side note, when comparing just the blue channel of mine and the Chart-32 team it does give the appearance of the smaller red star at 10:30 (almost touching) moving in the opposite direction as if they're circling one another.

It's something that's proving difficult to track down comparison images for as most don't have the required resolution to resolve the individual stars in the region.