View Single Post
Old 11-01-2017, 02:01 PM
PeterSEllis (Peter)

Quote:
Originally Posted by alpal View Post
Yes Peter - you have a point.
I also like the SynScan controller & the possibility of using EQ mod.

Did you watch the video on the first post?

cheers
Allan
Hi Allan,
I certainly did, and I also downloaded it in case I need it in the future. But until something goes wrong, I will let sleeping dogs lie.
When I first got the EQ8 I tried EQmod as well as multiple star alignment, theses days I don't bother, I find a star close to the DSO I want to Photograph and do a Single Star Alignment, you then use the Skywatcher Hand Controller to go straight to the DSO, and it will be in the middle of the field, or very close too. I then set the camera to record it for the next few hours, while I go inside and watch a movie or surf the NET. Once the time has elapsed, I go out and do my Darks and Flats and that's it for the night. I apply the same technique for my EQ6 which I have at a Dark site. Both my mounts are lined up accurately to the pole and are in Observatories, so the alignment never changes. This techniques works well for me.
P.S. I hate daylight saving, at this time of the years I can't start until about 10pm and don't usually get to bed until around 2 or 3am in the morning.

Cheers
Peter