View Single Post
Old 26-12-2017, 09:01 PM
bigjoe (JOSEPH)

Quote:
Originally Posted by skysurfer View Post
Nice DIY gadgets ! But the 400 f/2.8L, amazing ! This A$12000 lens is my dream portable scope for not only AP but also visual use ! More versatile than a Tak FSQ-106 and the same quality.

I have done something similarly, here what I have made from simple aluminum strips and $2 PVC plumbing sockets.

The photo of my DIY gadgets, clockwise from 12 o'clock:

* Eyepiece adapter for Canon Powershot S100 (can be made for any compact camera) for which I have adapter rings for three EPs. Useful for planetary photography by filming the eyepiece image and then using 'Autostakkert'.
* Same for GoPro, with a rectangular hole in it where the lens fits in.
* Latitude wedge + bubble (at 7 o'clock) to adjust the mount to the correct latitude, now set for 52 degrees, but can easily be adjusted to any latitude.
* Yoghurt pack cap which fits exactly on a 1.25" eyepiece
* PVC 32mm socket + rear lens cap eyepiece adapter for using telephoto lenses visually. Renders upside-down image, but can be fixed by putting a diagonal + barlow (the latter required because backfocus is too short) between EP and adapter.
* PVC adapter for putting angle finder over eyhepiece of polar scope. Much more comfortable polar adjustment.
Who needs a Tak with a lens like that bravo...though Taks use Canon lenses.
bigjoe