View Single Post
Old 01-08-2021, 09:29 PM
petershah (Peter Shah)

I really appreciate you all taking the time thank you the comments ....

Quote:
Originally Posted by multiweb View Post
That's an awesome set Peter.
You can tell straight away on the Andromeda shot it's probably taken at a much higher elevation than my northern horizon just above my neighbourg clothes line. Never seen IFN around that galaxy before. Very deep. I also like the colors and contrast in your blue horse head.
To be honest I was quite surprised you can actually see it from your latitude....from what I can find out its not strictly IFN its something called ERE (Extended Red Emission) and is part of a broader bandwidth...who knows its a new one on me too!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Startrek View Post
In Peters video he mentioned that if the site loses power , the system does an automated shutdown to protect everything
If I owned or leased this mega super expensive facility , I’d definitely install a diesel generator with a 5 day main tank and day tank , back up solar charging system , an Emerson full on line UPS and an ATS (automatic transfer switch)
My 2 cents ....
The systems all have their own UPS's including the roof. The power rarely goes off but these protocols are purely to keep the equipment safe...even loss of internet then the roof will close until it detects a reconnection..... better to be safe and waist a few hours of imaging.