View Single Post
Old 10-05-2022, 03:11 PM
gregbradley

Update on this problem:

I finally managed to solve it after spending a good many hours on it.

I loaded up another laptop with the various drivers, Ascom and software drivers for the silly Serial RS232 plug to USB adapters (these were problematic).

When I loaded the AP driver in it came up with a different window which showed what side of the pier the scope was on. It had it back to front. Playing with the various park modes finally got it to recognise the OTS was on the west side of the pier.

Finally I manually moved the scope to point at the moon. Clicked on the moon on Sky X and did a star sync. All good after that and got 6 hours of imaging done on another pristine clear night with decent seeing.

I think in hindsight what happened was during the day when I was doing flats with the roof closed I accidentally swiped something with the mouse and it caused Sky X to crash. Something then must have been corrupted.

Now once it was slewing properly it also worked on the original computer. So the corruption was in the AP driver or the mount itself.

Agonising to see a perfect night of excellent seeing, very dark, no wind, no clouds and wasting it chasing a gremlin like that. Good news for me is now I have a backup computer that I can swap to in minutes and I need to setup the park positions properly and keep an eye on that.

Greg.