Thread: Lithium power
View Single Post
Old 09-01-2022, 06:48 PM
Sitt (Simon)

Was the Black Friday Sale cheaper for the Bluetti EB70 than $1,399 which is advertised on their site now? Supposedly $600 cheaper than RRP

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamJL View Post
Define "value for money"

I've got a few Lithium batteries that I've used.
Almost all of them are the LiFePO4 cell type, though one is standard Li-ION

1. I've got two SolarKing batteries, one 20Ah, another 15Ah. These are LiFePO4 cells. I use these as backups as they can charge the main battery below. You can of course, make these into their own dedicated power supplies with the right cables and accessories. It's a DIY thing.

2. I've got another LiFePO4 battery from JayCar (Powertech branch) at 12Ah. Used for the same purpose above, but less so now because I've probably gone overboard.... Maybe when I get a second AP setup, I'll use it more.

3. Next up is the first "all-in-one" I purchased, which is the Jackery 240. It has regulated DC as it uses Li-ION batteries. Sadly you can't purchase Jackery products in Australia anymore, but the Jackery 500 would be ideal.

4. Lastly, I purchased another battery in November last year which is the Bluetti EB70. This one is amazing. Not cheap, but it's got everything needed (although I got it for MUCH less than retail as they had Black Friday sales). It's built using LiFePO4 cells as well, which is perfect. Regulated output too, but that's not really needed for LiFePO4 to be honest because LiFePO4 has no voltage drop until it's about 5% full, then voltage drops off a cliff. I use this to power my rig now and it lasts the night easily. Also just purchased some 200W solar cells to charge it during the day. It charges from the wall at just under 200W, so completely charged in about 4 hours.

These all cover a range of prices, so decide what you need and how much effort you want into making it work. It's always a trade-off.