View Single Post
Old 07-11-2011, 09:28 AM
hotspur (Chris)

re 5D2

Hi Mike.

Glad you really enjoyed using the 10-22 mm-I am amazed at the sharpness of that lens.

RE- Canon 5DII I have been giving thought to my next rung on the EOS ladder,as I just had a whoppa royalty payment-its either the 7D or 5D-(or a new fishing boat). I have looked very carefully at the type of photography I do and where I want to go-the birding photography might go up a notch with the 7D /400L combo-8 frames per second might improve some aspects of birding.

But,I have been very happy with the 50D/400L combo for birding/wildlife.I really feel the 7D for this type of work is'nt going to give me any more meaningfull improvement.The 5D2 is a whole new ball game-full frame,little noise-I'd like to explore many other aspects away from wildlife photography-and this is the machine to do it with-It can also still be useful for that too.-Particularly macro.

The 5D2-would suit me better than the 7D,and it would be just so,so good for astro too.I have held off a bit-there is talk of the 5D3,H seems to have his finger on the pulse-so it appears it may not be far away-if so-I will wait,as it will surly have the flip screen-after using it on the G12 and 600D this really make a major difference.

From our brief chats,sound like the 5D2 or 3 would really suit you well Mike,It also has tha chance to earn a bit of money for you-dedicated astro gear will not do that.-best wishes with it all-Chris