View Single Post
Old 07-04-2013, 07:55 AM
multiweb (Marc)
ze frogginator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hans Tucker View Post
I would think that option 2 would be the preferred setup. I have a Baader FFC and plan to use it on an f/12 refractor once I have the correct extension tubes which are hard to source. Is your corrector just that, a corrector or does it have a reducer/extender function as well? Still, I think any correction device should be placed ahead of the FFC....trial and error will reveal the correct option.
Thanks Hans. I'm trying #1 tonight and will post results. #2 would be a lot more convenient and practical obviously. Here's a pic of the setup barlowed x4 so 2400mm. Distance from FFC to sensor is a bit over 150mm. At that FL I had to get the OAG working.

The native focal point is just a bit behind the red line with a 9 next to it. The FFC is inside the second (small) GSO extension tube. The corrector is inside the FFC extension tube 119mm to the CCD. Managed to fit the OAG in there as well about 50mm before the sensor so the lodestar comes in focus too. Worked well. Hopefully tonight I can find a guide star. I'd like to try M83 as a Lum.

PS: Paddle pop sticks are temporarily needed for spacing because the OAG thread goes too deep inside the QHY9 opening and would jam the shutter. I need to get a small washer made out of aluminium.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hans Tucker View Post
Is your corrector just that, a corrector or does it have a reducer/extender function as well?
Not sure. I don't think it changes the F ratio. That's the one here.
Attached Thumbnails
Click for full-size image (FFC_OAG_sf.jpg)
167.4 KB54 views

Last edited by multiweb; 07-04-2013 at 01:38 PM. Reason: added pic