View Single Post
Old 15-07-2022, 05:35 AM
OneCosmos (Chris)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OuterObsession View Post

Thanks that clarifies a lot. I've received a second email now indicating that my order is being processed but makes no suggestion that I should proceed to pay yet. I'm assuming that the email in question will specifically instruct me when to pay?

I'm sure the organisers are just busy so I'll be patient.
It is certainly a busy time for the Registrar but I acknowledge the process doesn’t appear to be intuitive although there is rhyme to reason. The thinking goes like this:

If you booked and the site said ‘thank you now please pay x to this bank account’ and you followed immediately with payment there is a chance that either the person booking made a mistake or what they requested isn’t actually still available. For example if you booked to bring a caravan for a particular block of nights the system doesn’t actually know if there are any sites left. We may be selling something we can’t deliver and refunds/changes are required which is a pain. So, when you first book it is in a holding state waiting for the registrar to review it. Once all ok they send an email requesting payment. At this stage it is still only processing and only becomes confirmed when payment is received. More specifically when the registrar gets around to noticing which probably depends on how frequently he has time to check the bank.