marc4darkskies (Marcus)
Billions and Billions ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by h0ughy View Post
ooooohhhhhhhhh niiiiice. it is a little gem
Thanks Dave!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregbradley View Post
That is a sensational image! Look at that distorted halo - its massive.

I've never seen this one before.

Terrific work.

Greg.
Much appreciated Greg! I only discovered it online myself earlier this year - I saw Adam Block's amazing rendition (using 1m scope on top of a mountain in Chile)

Quote:
Originally Posted by matlud View Post
Fantastic image Marcus, love the faint halo and lots of other small galaxies in the field
Thanks Mathew! I wish I had twice the data though (with excellent seeing) - those faint fuzzies and stars would have popped much more!

Quote:
Originally Posted by strongmanmike View Post
Yeah, rather cool image Marcus ...
Thanks Mike.

Quote:
Originally Posted by strongmanmike View Post
....stars do look kind'a little fuzzy, pom, pom like (seeing?)...
Pixel peeper alert!! Seriously? Pom poms? Yes, less than excellent seeing had an impact for sure so I deliberately went easy on my star shrinking to make sure faint fuzzies and stars weren't wiped out. And don't forget I'm imaging at 0.59 arcsecs/pix - very unforgiving with less than excellent seeing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryderscope View Post
Beautiful work Marcus. A complex and intriguing target
Cheers Rodney! It was a tough one to do but I'm very pleased with how it turned out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave882 View Post
Great work to get all that detail! Your patience and perseverance have really paid off!!
Thanks very much Dave. I sometimes wish deep space astrophotography was easier - but not really. I enjoy the challenge and the many hours that go into creating a nice image.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert_T View Post
Way above my pay grade in skill and knowledge in terms of capture but can't argue with the result... it does look like something has move through and torn away an outer arm in the dim dark past... I always find these Galaxy shots when you start noticing even fainter background galaxies a little humbling too. Thanks for sharing Marcus.
Thanks Robert! It's fun to imagine what encounters it may have had to create such disruptions

Quote:
Originally Posted by multiweb View Post
Really nice shot. Beautiful galaxy, seriously disturbed. I really like the field color and all the faint fuzzies too. One for the cool wall.
Cheers Marc, much appreciated! "Seriously disturbed" - I like that. Reminds me of me.