View Single Post
Old 01-08-2016, 05:16 PM
wasyoungonce (Brendan)
Certified Village Idiot

Just testing outputting Gerber files using cam processor. Odd thing, drill file cannot be read (there are no drill plots) with Gerbv unless I use Excillion24 cam processing.

I think its an issue with eagle. all PCB mfgrs use gerber files I can usually upload them at a place like OSHpark to check them. On the subject of PCB mfgrs...PCBshopper looks to be the place to get quotes. Of course depends on the mfgr on the quality of the made board, but, PCB way gives you quotes for all the big suppliers. I did a quick quote and prices range from (for 5 PCBs):
Elecrow: $13 + $40 (AUD) P&P EMS delivered in 13 days, at least I read it as that.
Seeed: $24+$51 (P&P) 12 days; and
It goes up exponentially.

I read the inputs as the PCB costs and P&P. 10PCBs wouldn't appreciably cost a lot more. You can select slower (cheaper) lead time. We also have to have screen printing on both sides and milling the sensor hole.

While I'm confident the PCB is ready....I need to re-check the locating holes and sensor is perfectly centred. They have to be spot on. Also I think I should delete the top/bottom PCB tabs to allow room for connector/dessicant.

Attached is a rectangular PCB showing this and an image of the Gerbv of the PCB.
Attached Thumbnails
Click for full-size image (rectangle PCB 01 aug.png)
93.4 KB37 views
Click for full-size image (PCB gerbv.png)
152.5 KB38 views