View Single Post
Old 27-03-2024, 11:32 AM
Satchmo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renato1 View Post
Thanks very much for your insights Mark.
I didn't know there was such a thing as Blue Blocking lenses - I occasionally use Blue blocking glasses, as I'm blue eyed and get teary-eyed when driving at night when it's raining, from other cers' headlights. Never use them otherwise, except for cutting pieces of them to stick on eyepieces to sharpen views in refractors.

Cheers,
Renato

So apparently I'm the only one to request the full spectrum lenses in a good while. Anyway if you are only getting one eye done - well you might probably be given a blue block lens as your other natural eye lens would be fairly yellow by now and they want to match .

However most right handed people are right eye dominant so I felt that the new colour balance dominated . When I got the clear lens on the right the new colour balance difference was pretty striking . Blue and violets much stronger and whites looking much whiter . I could immediately see the chromatic aberration in my finderscope .

I have had my left eye done now 6 days ago , results are fantastic , better than 20/20 in that eye already . Very happy .