View Single Post
Old 01-07-2019, 09:29 AM
rockerpeller (Will)

Hi From Hastings Vic

Hi people,

My name is Will, and I've just come across this forum whilst looking for more info regarding mounts.
What started out as an innocent movie night watching "Deep Impact" with my kids, has seemed to light a fire or fascination for astronomy. Works for me, as I was going to get them something eventually although I didn't expect it to be this soon.
So I bit the bullet and got them something small for their 7th Birthday gift, a Star-Watcher SW707 AZ2 from Bintel.
Arrived Monday, works, they got to see what they thought was Saturn's Rings, but I noticed how much trouble they had trying to locate and keep Saturn in view. Watching them get so excited to see other planets, kinda got me curious. Always wanted to have a go at astronomy. So bit the bullet again and picked up a 2nd hand Celestron AstroMaster 130EQ on Saturday.
Once again another earlier than expected purchase. Definitely not a waste of money by no means. Feeding their curiosity and feeding their thirst is fun, besides it lets me have a go too.
This is gonna get expensive quick. They are already talking about having their own observatory in the back yard. Hopefully the next upgrade isn't within 6 days again.