View Single Post
Old 20-05-2021, 12:57 PM
Outcast (Carlton)
Always gonna be a NOOB...

Simon,

another program worth checking out for processing Deep sky stuff once you've stacked in Deep Sky Stacker is 'Startools'....

A number of guys on here use it; there are other programs too but, they tend to be waaaay more expensive...

Startools isn't free but, I think it's around $45 from memory... the chap who wrote the program is on here (Ivo Jager) & is really, really helpful when it comes to giving you advice on how to use it... You can download a trial version with no time limit... I think it just won't let you save the final render... but, you can play with it & see if it suits your needs... or not

**Edit**: It's $65 now... still very affordable IMHO

https://www.startools.org/

He has plenty of documentation on his site on how to use it plus, guys can give you tips on here too... it can be as automated or manual in the processing as you want it to be...

As I said though, there are other processing tools... Nebulosity, Pixinsight but, to name a few... plenty of folk on here using other tools too & some, only using Photoshop (with or without astro plug-ins) & getting excellent results...

Last edited by Outcast; 20-05-2021 at 01:00 PM. Reason: Extra info