View Single Post
Old 14-05-2021, 09:06 AM
The_bluester (Paul)

Thanks all. I have been a bit surprised by the reaction to these images on here and on Astrobin to be honest, but I am quite happy with both (Though I reckon I can improve the Sombrero and KNOW I can improve the Trifid with more data)

Going by calculators online, I am marginally oversampled using this camera on the newt (And close to the undersampled end using it on my Stellarvue SVX80T) but it works really nicely on the SVX80T and at least when the seeing is good, very well on the newt too. Both these images were really easy to process. My only processing hiccup at the moment is flats on the newt. I shot dawn flats and I think there is a light leak or scattered light affecting them though I was able to crop out the impacted area. I will have to get the flat panel out and shoot some flats in the dark, If that sorts it out then I guess I better build a frame to set up the flat panel next to the scope so I can automate it and shoot flats at night as soon as I have the rotation and focus dialed in.

The newt "Officially" belongs to my son so when my mono ASI2600 arrives the OSC one that I used for these images will probably spend most of it's time on this scope to keep things simple for him. A fast newt and sensitive, low noise camera certainly makes one night images possible and the scope and cam seem to be a really nice pairing. My mono cam is now expected in June, so I guess I sold my ASI294 a couple of months too early, I am down to one rig now!