View Single Post
Old 10-10-2016, 08:57 PM
wasyoungonce (Brendan)
Certified Village Idiot

Quote:
Originally Posted by luka View Post
Brendan, I already got a whole bunch of sensor sockets from AliExpress. These ones. Unsure of the material...
I am not sure how to check if it is beryllium copper... any ideas?

Also I just noticed that Altronics is (mainly) Perth based, 3 out of 6 stores are in Perth. I could get the connectors for all of us and send them with the rest of the parts to you. I can get discount with our trade account and if don't have a local shop you could also save few $ on shipping.
That's excellent RE: sockets. Beryllium copper...jeeez that goes a long way back but I think it was a swab test sent for spectroscopic analysis. Problem is that its used everywhere, but really only becomes an issue when it becomes ingested and inhaled. Of course F111 pavetack and F18 FLIR used beryllium mirrors. It wasn't an issue unless "bird strike"...which happened once on an F111 mirror assy. All I remember is everyone ducking and weaving as to what to do and we were the depot repair so they dumped it on us and ran away!

If you mean should we avoid this material....I do not think it's possible as it indeed has its uses that cannot be replaced and indeed is usually not an issue unless it becomes a dust inhalant. Aka all the F18 hinged panels had beryllium copper contact fingers and pads. For a reason, it provides good conductive contact and spring tension as well as low corrosion and wear constraints. It wasn't an issue on the F18 until someone workout the main canon seal in the nose/pantograph area was a beryllium copper derivative and since this damn thing rotated and produced dust...my my what an issue!

Yes the preferred value is 33uF for the capacitor.

Altronics are in Vic...but alas not near me.

I was watching this on the Ukrainian forum but couldn't work out what they were saying. Good work indeed. Basically they are scaling the ADC prior to the sensor! Well done!

Brendan

edit: I have to say I have never purchased form alibaba but the Ukrainians and you have proved it to be ok ....maybe I'm too insular!