View Single Post
Old 21-08-2009, 07:48 PM
toryglen-boy (Duncan)
Scotland to Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by mldee View Post
I've done some decent simple NGC images and a lot of lousy ones, but find my present camera situation a bit clunky for my level of experience, especially with focus, exposure and such. My eventual aim is to go to a cooled mono plus filters, and the path is just not there with the 1000d unless I mod it, and then it's still not cooled, etc, etc. No doubt in the hands of a more skilled person they could make it sing, but for me, I would like to retrace a little and try the likes of the DSI III, then move to the QHY8.

The 1000d makes a great widefield, I'm going to lash up an adaptor to piggy back it with it's lenses on my EQ6. My attraction is simple widefield nebulas etc just ofr my own satisfaction. Not trying to compete with Hubble

To confess, I'm probably far more of a tinkerer, and I enjoy it, than a great photographer. You want out of focus or head cut off? I can do it every time

So, we'll see how things turn out. I really love tinkering......

I hear you, and i understand what your saying, but there is a VERY steep learning curve in going from widefield DSLR shots etc. to a monochrome camera with filters

I am glad i went the route of DSLR before anything, as i have learned alot from it.