View Single Post
Old 23-06-2010, 04:59 PM
sheeny (Al)
Spam Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omaroo View Post
That's brilliantly simple lateral thinking there Al & Al. It's this sort of idea that I admire the most. Well done, and I'm not sure why no-one has come up with it before... invention, necessity, mothers.. all that.
Mother of all evil? Mothers... Oh!... MOTHERS! Yeah, that's us! ...wait a minute... you mean mother of invention don't you...
Quote:
Originally Posted by allan gould View Post
One nice little improvement for the dyslexic among us would be to place three numbers (moveable on the circumferance of the outer circle) so that you could rotate this to line up with your Bob's knobs or the collimation screws so that you knew which one to turn to bring the airy disk back to centre. Just a thought, Al.
But as it is at the moment its a ripper.
Allan
Let me think about that one a bit, Al. I've used the e.graphics draw commands to do the circles and cross hairs, so I'm not sure how to do the movable text in any sensible way yet... but I'll work on it.

And thanks for the out of collimation example image!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omaroo View Post
Hi Al

I stand completely corrected. I didn't realise that your applet window was completely scalable, and that the crosshair dynamically centred itself depending on the size of the window. Very clever

Don't mind me....
That's OK, Chris. I don't mind at all... I say and do dumb things increasingly more frequently these days...

Al.