View Single Post
Old 09-06-2021, 08:12 AM
AdamJL

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnakChan View Post
Talking about dangerous, be careful of the virtual keypad of the mount in the Telescope Tab in NINA (at least for my mount, Vixen AXD). The Up/Down, Left/Right, tap doesn't just send a single pulse for a single tap. It actually sends a continuous pulse on one tap and need another tap to stop it.

I was doing a little PHD2 calibration, and I use an OAG. So I thought I'd do a short tap to move the mount a little to have the guide star in the centre of the OAG. That made my RA rotate 360 (luckily the scope was set to Dec 0 so no camera/OTA crash on the tripod) and got my controller cable twisted around the mount.

Luckily I had a bad feeling after hitting that short tap, and thought I'd better tap again (which was prob only like < 45 sec apart). That was probably the only time I bolted out of the comfort of my living room chair to the backyard. The DC power and the controller cable almost got ripped out of their sockets .
That's.... unusual. Mine works just as I'd expected it to. A single press sends a single pulse command. I use it all the time when polar aligning. Have you set your ASCOM driver up correctly?