View Single Post
Old 01-06-2021, 12:07 PM
Startrek (Martin)

Thanks all for your comments and support
I sent a photo of my camera sensor on the ZWO forum yesterday and received a reply within 4 hours
They say it’s silicon grease from the thermal pad and can be successfully cleaned with no further issues. They sent me a long winded procedure of how to clean it with steps and photos etc..
I assumed from their quick reply , evaluation and step by step procedure with photos etc.. that ZWO previously know of this problem with my model camera and have sent out similar replies to folk around the world
As my camera is still under warranty, I called Jess from Bintel and she jumped into action straight away.A pre paid return post form is being emailed out now , camera back to Bintel , and she reassured me if a quick turn around repair with no further issues 👍 to Bintel ( Don obviously behind the scenes here )
Can’t ask for more than that !!
This camera has been simply unbelievable, so a minor issue like this whilst a bit disappointing is part of AP and hopefully back imaging with it again soon

NB : I should mention that I image with my cameras dew heater “on” all the time Summer and Winter ( Jess did ask that question whether I had just turned on the dew heater recently, and I said no , it’s on all the time ) Don’t know if this has any relevance to the thermal pad oozing silicon grease ?????

Thanks again for all your comments and support

Martin