View Single Post
Old 10-10-2021, 10:07 AM
AdamJL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy01 View Post

Hi Adam, with my CCD, max 120 sec subs for RGB seem to be working ok, about an hours worth for each. I've also been experimenting with 5 min subs for LUM, but I suspect these might be getting affected too much by LP, so might cut these back a bit too.

Thanks Andy! Any tips from the master is super helpful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy01 View Post
Hi M&T, many thanks for the kind comments.

I process the NB masters and remove the stars - this time with star Xterminator.
I then blink between star & starless layers in PS to see if anything unnatural was removed or added and then rectify as required with the history brush prior to further post production.

RGB stars are then exposed for around 1hour per colour and combined to create a seperate layer.
Due to my location in suburbia, this usually needs colour tweaks to compensate for the LP. Converting this to LAB colour mode and using curves helps!
I then convert this back to RGB colour & lay this over the NB stacks in Lighten blend mode.

I then use the original Ha layer with stars intact as an additional LUM layer over the top of this stack, at 50-100%.

Hope that's useful.
This sounds almost like a PS workflow... you only work in PS? That gives me so much hope!!