View Single Post
Old 21-07-2022, 10:14 AM
strongmanmike (Michael)
Highest Observatory in Oz

Quote:
Originally Posted by I.C.D View Post
Hi Mike had any snow and have you taken any photo's yet
Ian
Hi Ian, some snow but nothing heavy ...yet Had some full ground coverage's but then much of it melts during the following couple of days, leaving some residual remains in the southerly shadows, which can last for days...

After successfully completing the dome install and installing the gear and polar aligning the mount...there has been a bit of a slow down on progress at Eagleview. Had some family events to focus on, functions and illnesses, as well as some other works and installs around the property, not to mention the cold weather, which always slows things down Also had to acquire a few things, table, stool, WiFi extender, a new computer, monitor, keyboard, mouse software, USB/data cables, software etc etc...still have to run the power and data cables out to the observatory from the control room and mount the dome control box within the dome and install the observatory control computer and all this located high up on an isolated mountain, holding down a full time job Getting it all to completion has proved challenging...but of course, I will get there aaaaand I am sure the wait will be worth it

Walking out and just seeing it, sitting there, ooozing potential, patiently waiting...still keeps me motivated

Mike
Attached Thumbnails
Click for full-size image (20220717_094247.jpg)
174.2 KB157 views
Click for full-size image (Eagleview Observatory and Chicken.jpg)
196.6 KB137 views
Click for full-size image (Riley with dome.jpg)
196.4 KB143 views

Last edited by strongmanmike; 21-07-2022 at 10:30 AM.