View Single Post
Old 02-06-2014, 09:19 PM
Tony_ (Tony)

Thanks everyone for your replies. I have already considered all of the options given and for various reasons I had already decided that I don't want to go down the path of using a lap top at this stage. Mainly due to limited clear skies and time. It already takes me 1 hour plus to set up and I don't want anything that adds to that. When the set-up and pack-up time is too much greater than the imaging time my enthusiasm starts to wane to the extent that I can hardly be bothered doing it. I am happy with the humble images I currently get and I could easily spend another $5k or so and still not get much better results due to crappy skies etc. I want to get a reliable DSLR (modded and cooled for low noise) and with the LCD still in place.

This is the problem I'm having with my current camera (requested by PM). And no, it isn't PE and it isn't drift - it is visible in the live view when I plug in the cooling unit and goes away when I unplug it.

The main questions were what other suppliers of cooled DSLRs others have tried and whether the issue I have had is just bad luck.

Regards,
Tony.
Attached Thumbnails
Click for full-size image (test-0001.jpg)
141.9 KB36 views