View Single Post
Old 16-09-2010, 06:34 PM
hotspur (Chris)

re moon plane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
Wow – those are quite astonishing photos Chris – well done on the execution of your plans. All the dry runs paid off huh! These shots are really quite spectacular.

How did you manage to download the flight planning elements into the Skysensor 2000 in order to command the GoTo to centre the airplane!

Cheers

Dennis
Ha-ha,quite funny Dennis-re flight elements into SS2K.!

Really-lot of 'dry runs' and practice really,knowing my equipment well,and doing lots of observing of this plane's flight path and time,and understanding when the moon would be well situated for such a photo.

But the final part-pulling that trigger,knowing it was for real,got me a little nervous!Not only could I 'see' it was going 'through' the moon-but I could see the angle the plane was on was really going to make a 'classic' shot!

I went for 'the one shot option' only,I could have taken mutipal shots,but I would have lost my 'count' as to when plane was exactly in middle,I prefer a 'one shot' method.

Thank you to all the other people who have kindly left a comment.

I have here two adjustments my son has made,I will open the RAW file when I have more time,I am feeling a 'a bit over the moon' at the moment!
Attached Thumbnails
Click for full-size image (Dash 8 and moon auto.jpg)
184.2 KB1443 views
Click for full-size image (Dash 8 and moon bw.jpg)
152.7 KB1695 views