View Single Post
Old 15-10-2021, 10:03 AM
Startrek (Martin)

Peter,
Glad to help
In regards to dithering in APT, it’s located under the “Gear” tab top right , then under Guide tab
I also have my histogram opened automatically when my Camera is connected ( you will need your histogram to auto stretch your image for viewing )
Also I usually take a test exposure prior to setting my final capture plan to make sure we are all framed up properly, so set my plan for just 1 exposure. Select Camera tab at top , press Edit , Name : Test exposure , Exposure say 60 sec , Bin 1x1 , Pause 2 sec, Count 1
Press Update current then OK
Press Start
After test exposure is taken I press “Img tab” top right, go to bottom and press “ Go to Last Taken” button , then I press ICT button to provide zoomed in thumbnail. I use the zoomed in thumbnail to check my star shape ( if a star is in field ) which tells me how guiding is running. Once happy with everything, then I press Camera tab again , set my final Capture Plan then Update Current then OK then Start

Sorry for the long winded procedure

PS: I hate the APT manual , your jumping back and forth all over the place but live the software !!
Believe me it took me 2 weeks to get up and running but once you nail your procedure it’s seamless and easy

Cheers
Martin