View Single Post
Old 10-10-2021, 12:09 PM
bluesilver (Peter)

Issues with FireCapture not Auto guiding

Hi i am having a few dramas that i can't seam to solve in FireCapture when imaging the planets. ( Jupiter and Saturn )

I am using a Skywwatcher AZ/EQ6 mount and ASI224mc camera, and all been driven through ASCOM.
This is the first time using this setup using FireCapture, Previously i have been using it on a Dobsonian with goto tracking

I have both the Auto align and Auto guide option ticked and get those 4 green arrows blinking every now and then to indicate that it is moving the mount.

I also get that red cross in the center or there abouts of the planet and also those 4 red dots that sit around the outside of the planet.

I don't think that it is actually moving the mount though as after say 1.5 minutes i will slowly see a black line coming across the planet ( kind of like an eclipse ) meaning that the planet has drifted off the view screen of the camera.

I thought that FireCapture was suppose to keep the planet in the center of the frame and move the mount to keep it there, is this correct?

Am i missing something here in my setup or am i only suppose the be running Auto guide and not both Auto guide and Auto align at the same time?

I haven't changed any of the settings in either Auto guide.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.