View Single Post
Old 01-05-2020, 07:42 PM
Outcast (Carlton)
Always gonna be a NOOB...

Don't mean to hijack your thread Sean but, been meaning to ask a question about light boards for a while now...

I bought a cheapy A4 tracing board off e-bay, the ad looked good, seemed like it would do what I was looking to do but....

when it arrived & I fired it up.... well, I'm not so sure it's suitable anymore... looks great when it's off but, when you fire it up it has this grey dot pattern due to a film of something adhered to the base of it...

I've stretched a t-shirt over it to see if I can get more even lighting texture but, then it shows up the weave in the t-shirt...

Photo's below... can anyone advise if this will work or did I buy a dud... only cost me like $20 so, it's not like I blew the bank on it...

First pic is light off, second with light on full brightness. Second pic looks worse than it is in real life but... it's not an even white brightness across the screen... there is a grey dotted matrix pattern...

I can't afford 'the real deal' astro flats panel & I don't need an A3 version as I'm only imaging with up to a 5" scope... so, if anyone has any links to an A4 version that will do the job, will be much appreciated... assuming of course that this one isn't up to the job...

Ignore the shadows... that's just my fat bod in the way...

Cheers
Attached Thumbnails
Click for full-size image (20200501_192949.jpg)
79.0 KB127 views
Click for full-size image (20200501_192941.jpg)
191.8 KB130 views