View Single Post
Old 01-10-2021, 04:30 PM
gregbradley

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_bluester View Post
Nice, I did an image of the area recently but cropped out the dragons egg as it was too close to the edge in my framing so it was a distraction rather than adding to the image. I am wondering if the Oiii is stretched a bit too hard and making the fainter areas more noisy? And perhaps similar on the stars? not noisy as such but there are so many in the area, a lighter stretch on the RGB might make them a little less punchy?

Interesting factoid. There is a tiny little planetary nebula in there, in your image it is about three quarters left, three quarters down, a titchy red smudge below the triangle of bright stars. It is ESO 226-15. You have it more clearly in this image than I had in mine, it really only shows in my RGB image, in my RGB-HA-Oiii version it is nearly invisible. I saw it when trawling my RGB image for obvious defects and had to go hunting online to work out what it was.
Thanks Paul. every image seems to have its challenges. Yeah there is a bit of fine noise in the O111 area but I don't mind it personally. I do like the stars as they are and its one of the strengths of the APO to produce such tiny stars so that must be a matter of taste.

I saw that little red spot as well. At first I wondered if it was an artifact and then looking again it looked real. Interesting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PKay View Post
Like it Greg.

Lots of detail to see.

Good one