View Single Post
Old 08-01-2022, 09:15 AM
John K

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayne anderson View Post
Hello John,

Great video of one of my favourite places Mt Arapiles, takes me back to my younger days, every year for 10 years in the 80s and 90s, we would regularly take 8 weeks off work in November and December and travel 14 hours to Mt Arapiles for climbing and astronomy.

Camping in open area along the trail to the right of the pines, we would climb most of the day and bbq and astronomy at nights, also did some night climbing, we had a 4.5inch Newtonian at first then an 8inch Meade LX200.

Beautiful dark sky and great atmosphere for camping and climbing, fond memories of the many climbs we did over the 10 years just to name a few of the classic climbs you might have climbed also or soon will.

Kachoong, Watchtower Crack, Arachnus, Skink, Tiptoe Ridge, The Bard, Missing Link, Thunder Crack, D Minor, Tannin, Eurydice, Pilot Error ............ the list goes on.

Great place for camping, climbing and astrophotography, thanks for your video, great work.

Wayne.
That's a great story Wayne!

Do you still climb?

Have often though about doing AP at Mt Arapiles, but the power hungry requirements of modern equipment as well as the fact that it's not as secure as it use to be there deters me from doing that - but it would be great to climb during the day and do AP at night.