View Single Post
Old 15-06-2013, 04:54 PM
Phil Hart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Octane View Post
Phil,

Was it just a matter of choosing the Adobe RGB profile in the advanced-advanced settings in the display section of Control Panel?

Did you change any of the other intents?

H
I was working off these instructions eventually (top post):

http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/archive/1511987

Under Color Management, on the Devices Tab, tick "Use my Settings for this Device" and then use Add button and choose Adobe RGB. I didn't change anything under the Advanced tab (not once I realised I didn't need to anyway).

For the moment I've switched everything back to sRGB. The Chrome issue is significant so I'll have to think about that.. I'm not keen to switch back to Firefox. If I want to switch to Adobe RGB and keep it that way then I'll also need to recalibrate brightness/contrast on the monitor as my images in Lightroom look a little too bright/flat/low contrast without adjusting that to match.

I'm happy with what I've learnt along the way (thanks Rick, naskies et al) and that I'm not actually missing out on too much. Windows in general looks way over-saturated with the monitor in Adobe RGB mode, even though my images look fine with the correct monitor profile.