View Single Post
Old 02-07-2013, 10:49 AM
mental4astro (Alexander)
kids+wife+scopes=happyman

If you are taking tourists, I would suggest organising paid visits to registered astronomical societies for insurance purposes. Taking paying customers to places in the dark without proper precautions is thwart with problems. Formal societies like ASNSW, whom run Mt Bowen, and the like, have dedicated dark sky sites that are more suited to accepting large parties, and would have plenty of knowledgeable members willing to help out. You would also be helping those societies improve their facilities with a proper commercial arrangement. Different societies have facilities all around Sydney, such as the Belanglo State Forest, which is also a couple of hours out of Sydney. That site is run by the Macarthur Astronomical Society. You'll find other Societies in the "Our Community" heading in the left margin.

For what you are asking, I wouldn't recommend any site that is not property of an Astronomical Society. They certainly will have the facilities you are looking for to deal with a coach.

I am all for commercial enterprise, but not for exposing people to risks in the dark.

Last edited by mental4astro; 02-07-2013 at 12:14 PM.