Thread: Jupiter DSLR
View Single Post
Old 01-08-2021, 04:04 PM
Startrek (Martin)

Quote:
Originally Posted by raymo View Post
For DSLRs the same applies for DSOs. It is possible with enough skill and
with great gear, and a great location, to obtain images very very close to dedicated cameras.
It is a great shame that world famous APer Sarah Wager appears to have removed all her early efforts with a DSLR, because they were absolutely stunning.
raymo
There are many great DSLR astrophotographers , but from my own personal experience with a Canon 600D with over 4 years of imaging all kinds of DSO’s in both Bortle 8 and Bortle 3 skies, my Canon 600D is no match (not even close ) for the current generation of cooled Cmos cameras with the new backlit Sony chip namely my ZWOASI2600MC which I’ve been using for only 12 months
With my Canon 600D you just cannot remove the fine background noise and expose superfine detail even stacking hours and hours of data and processing the crap out of the image.The 2600MC is technically so much more superior and capable than the Canon.The 2600MC has no amp glow even at a 300sec frame. I take darks but it makes no difference using them or not.
The specs (like the images) speaks for themselves, Canon 600 D QE about 39% , the 2600MC QE over 80%
My 2 cents .....
Martin