View Single Post
Old 09-07-2022, 07:10 AM
xelasnave
Gravity does not Suck

No worries David I dont consider you are hijacking at all...I would like to think we encourage other folk to adopt the happy attitude of enjoying your astro expeiences even if things dont go the way you plan...AND Glen I have no idea where the thing I was taking test shots of was at all ..plate solving to the rescue if the image is acceptable.. but other than that ..almost above at around 11pm ..the scope was oriented to be upright to make filter changes adjustments etc....so maybe I was more interested in checking tilt changes which come in because I have to back off a particular fitting to release the filter..It was great to hold a filter in place but the change in tilt means I will need to remove the offending lip...more angle grinder work and a hair tie for filter security

Looking at what I got however makes me wish that I had made a note as to where as it turned out to be a nice dust cloud that wants to be called " the claw" ... And closing up I find that I have a stuffed wheel and how I will fix it I don't know as I have to Jack up the roof to get at it ... but so lucky that I found it before something major happened.

I will have a serious go at processing that test data ( as I will call it) as what I was shooting looks rather nice.

Alex