Thread: New observatory
View Single Post
Old 28-02-2022, 05:46 PM
xelasnave
Gravity does not Suck

So it stopped raining so after a while I thought to come down to the observatory..let some water runn off the track to pick a passageway.I made it in and plan leaving after I have given the batteries a charge.

I should make it out ...harder getting out than in... If not I will ride the mower back up..I would stay but all my meds are now at the house...

Happily the batteries held on and the new fridge full of food did not stop and my smoked trouts and lamb roasts are still frozen solid..

I half expected to have found stuffed batteries and ruined food..but no thank goodness.

I was very surprised to find 13.5 vlts in the batteries and I wonder just how much power comes on a rainy day from the panels ( 2 x 375 watts) ...the fridge must take 4 to 5 smps ...I will put in place something to find out exactly..it was on the fridge that I turned off in the van and with nothing on those batteries now show 14 vlts which is amazing.

I expected that the boat would have sunk and I think it did ...however except for a lucky turn of events..the water got so high that it floated to on top of the jetty and I presumed sunk there and as the water went down it tilted such that most of the water drained out I have left it there as it seems responsible enough to seek the high ground...totally consistent with my good luck.

There were a few spots of water in the observatory but I keep everything covered just in case...the more you prepare the more good luck you have.

So I am so very very happy.

Alex
Attached Thumbnails
Click for full-size image (IMG20220228170014_resize_64.jpg)
204.7 KB102 views