Thread: New observatory
View Single Post
Old 22-02-2022, 07:00 PM
xelasnave
Gravity does not Suck

So I figured that I needed to cover the van just in case of a leak so dismantled the rain catching tarp..I did not realise just how many ropes and tie downs but it takes a fair bit to tue it up to hold water for obvious reasons.
But the main problem was as I had not used it for s couple of weeks it had leaves and a fair few tad poles swimming around...so I had to catch them all and move them to a new home... I can not snuff out a little life as most folk must know.
So I dragged it to the van and got it up and tied down on four corners which is a bit slack as it needs more tie downs really but I was exhausted by this stage and hoped that it will do until tomorrow.

But I could not change the inverter...but as I was trying to recover sitting alongside the inverter I heard the fan start up.. do things were not as bad as I thought..I meant to turn it off anyways but I can't remember ...I had taken out the last steak and there were just vegies which will be ok..so I guess all you folk reading this must be very envious of the exciting life I lead.
And as promised here are photos of the way you can fix a pipe to a tarp..two pieces of wood which hold the tarp is place secured by some screws thru the timber...saves buying an expensive thru the skin fitting...sure it is not high but it is collecting and the water drains to another tank. ( Having trouble loading the photos..but I will try later)
Alex
Attached Thumbnails
Click for full-size image (IMG_20220222_185644_resize_62.jpg)
125.7 KB45 views
Click for full-size image (IMG_20220222_185704_resize_84.jpg)
187.6 KB46 views
Click for full-size image (IMG20220222170351_resize_69.jpg)
165.5 KB45 views