Thread: New observatory
View Single Post
Old 14-10-2021, 12:23 PM
xelasnave
Gravity does not Suck

Started setting up the mount..it took me from 9 am until 11 am just to free the tripod from many many metres of bubble wrap...nothing for anyone even half fit but it nearly killed me...however it appears that it will fit in the corner I had in mind for it and the HEQ 5 will fit in the other corner, all in a line.
Most impressed with everything I have seen so far...very robust and with three counter weights each at 20 lbs I feel it should manage the RASA easily. I am thinking to add the 80 mm maybe as a guide scope or something to be able to do a visual peek..anyways first need to het the mount on the tripod..I did not try as I was beat and looking forward to lunch...my favorite today a small smoked trout and salad... Getting the new genny out of the car really should be left to someone stronger than me but I like the challenge of a difficult task so maybe after lunch I will do it...somehow.
The big problem is my feet are killing me..I can barely stand up...
Still I feel great compared to only a while back so I will just take my time and keep at it.
But it will be a big performance..I have ramps at the main house so I need to get them into the Xtrail somehow and take them to the observatory electrics shed..unload them return to get my Hyundai with the genny, see if the ramps will hold, then gradually lift the genny up and over the rear, I think I can do this by lifting the genny a little putting some wood under and then the other side until it is high enough to clear the lip...I write it here to rev myself up..it is doable but will take ages..and once i could have reached in picked the genny up carried it into the shed etc...its a 3 kva and it is much bigger and heavier than I expected...
Alex
Attached Thumbnails
Click for full-size image (IMG20211014105741_resize_70.jpg)
140.1 KB92 views