View Single Post
Old 06-09-2021, 05:09 PM
mura_gadi (Steve)
SpeakingB4Thinking

Hello,

Keeping things clean is a bugger, change all your clothes, change the rags you use, shower, check your fingers nails... list is nearly bloody endless (if your machining - all your pillars and seals/gaskets/grooves etc.). I try and keep anything I touch to one side, then I know it needs to be cleaned. Saves me missing stuff.

What thickness is the fishing line? You only want about 3-4 lines a mm after you have unthreaded the 2nd cord. I have some .105mm line on the way, it's thinner than needed, a mistake from me. You'll end up with a little under 125 lines per inch with that so should still be useable. I can send you a couple of meters after it arrives if you want. (6weeks +??? no idea with OzPost going postal)

Your using a LED diffused light(if its not, just rub it with some very fine wet and dry sand paper)? Strong 30,000mcd rating etc? You'll not get much feed back on the Ronchi till you at least get a flash polish on the face I think...

I could be wrong there, hopefully someone will say at what grit you can expect to see the bands on a blank from a Ronchi test.

Steve
Ps. Another way to test your grits is to try a elutriation process, very effective and fairly easy.

Last edited by mura_gadi; 06-09-2021 at 05:56 PM.