View Single Post
Old 11-08-2022, 10:36 AM
Dave882 (David)

With some added Ha data...

I had a go adding approx 3hrs Ha data to my previous NGC55 attempt (along with an extra 3hrs RGB as well). All completed with the same asi2600mc OSC setup but using the IDAS NBZ dual band filter to extract Ha via APP Ha extract tool.

The data was pretty terrible and I have since discovered this is probably due to the fact I'm getting dew forming on my filter inside the filter drawer in the early hours of the morning while on autorun- how the heck am i going to sort that out for future imaging I have no idea yet... I'll post a screen grab of the background noise profile just so you can feel pity for me

But as a proof-of-concept, I thought I'd have a go putting it all together. Pleasantly surprised by the result - and yes I did a comparison with just the extra RGB data and there was a big difference in the Ha areas. Still getting the hang of the combine RGB function in APP, but the data didn't warrant a super amount of time spent here.

My only main complaint (other than the woeful stars/background after all that noise reduction) is I lost detail in the bright core after adding the Ha data.

Bigger version

Let me know what you think...
Attached Thumbnails
Click for full-size image (IMG_8925.jpg)
210.7 KB93 views
Click for full-size image (Screen Shot 2022-08-11 at 10.22.13 am.jpg)
84.7 KB63 views