View Single Post
Old 13-09-2022, 10:42 PM
Sayfog (Alistair)

A little update on the project - things have been going well with steady progress being made inbetween having holidays and general life/work busyness.

+ ASCOM: Whilst it could have a prettier GUI I've been using it with my moonlite motor + NINA controlling it flawlessly for a few months inbetween clouds and since the release of v1.2 I'm cautiously saying its production ready.

+ Linux/INDI driver progress: There's a C++ driver core I've half written that compiles and runs on both linux and windows. Ideally I'll use this as the base for both an INDI driver and ASCOM on windows to cut down on the amount of code to maintain. Aiming to have the C++ done within in two weeks, and an INDI driver of some degree within four.

+ Hardware: JLCPCB has stock of STM32F103 chips again, and more importantly the prices are significantly lower than when I first started on this in mid 2021. Hurray! Unfortunately it seems as though the DIY option with a bluepill devboard off of ebay seems to be going in the wrong direction pricing wise currently :/

+ Project wise: i've sent out a fair few of the boards for testing/people to try. If everyone ends up being happy with those I think its time to put up a little tindie store or something. Otherwise more docs with answers to the questions I've been asked and restructuring the codebase to use a single set of C files for all the USB definitions shared between host and device.

Any and all feedback/ideas are welcome - no promises since I'm really trying to avoid a scope creep nightmare, but improvements on getting existing stuff rock solid and easy to use are a priority.