View Single Post
Old 06-07-2022, 05:08 PM
bluesilver (Peter)

Yes, just one of those days i guess.
I didn't know about “Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power”
So unchecked all of them.
Laptop runs off it's own 240V power supply.
I am running a 7.5A 240 - 12V converter from Jaycar, can't think what it is called, but has been supper reliable. ( i think it might be the Powertech)
iOptron has it's own 240 -12V converter also, so that is all good ( I run two separate 240 -12V feeds to this mount.

It has the latest Windows download, ( actually do put in online at least once a month just for the updates).
But runs offline when imaging and the like.
Latest version of Ascom is installed.

All the Ascom and other software should be fine as it has been running fine when i was imaging for two night last weekend and nothing has changed, just playing around with the flats aid.
Appears the only program effected is APT as that was the only program running apart from the iOptron controller interface, which is all fine.

Might just do an uninstall of APT and re install it.
Just a pain working out all the plate solving links to put in, might be something to tackle over the weekend.

No Brown outs here, we have a fairly stable power supply here, but that won't of caused a complete wipe of APT, that is what is the real strange issue.

Next time when i get APT up and running, i will be sure to do a APT backup.

I also put the same post in the APT forum hoping from some advice on there as well