View Single Post
Old 05-07-2022, 02:28 PM
star_soul (Meredith)

Been a while since I visited. Sorry about that; life gets in the way sometimes. :-)

Thanks for the responses. I did go have a look at everything suggested, again to educate myself about what is "out there". Was hoping to at least see something that was vaguely familiar. Nope.

Back to the sighting:

The light beam might have been similar to what a ground-based laser looks like (albeit a bloody strong one). It was thin and very straight, but not solid and did have an end point. Not that I have much personal experience with ground based lasers (just saw a few examples on TV lately).

I get that re-entries can cause the space jellyfish phenomenon, judging by the pix available on searching the term. The object I saw inside this one was solid, and am assuming it was/is of terrestrial origin...a capsule of some description. Could not hazard a guess as to size/dimensions of things, although I reckon altitude was way above commercial jet height (we're under a flight path, so see jets & contrails on a regular basis).

What I want to know is; what's with the hole? Why the hole? What's the science behind it? Obviously it can occur. I am also assuming that the sound I heard was the hole actually forming. "Pop", and there's a perfectly round hole in the sky, with a curling smoke-like border and absolute jet black interior.
Rates 11/10 on my "weird-****-o-meter".