View Single Post
Old 30-04-2014, 01:29 PM
astroron (Ron)
Supernova Searcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by ausastronomer View Post
Hi Peter,

You can leave the 4 x "AA" batteries in the unit and run it off an external power source. The Argo Navis has "hot swappable" power switching between sources. I recommend when running on external power that it is a good idea to do this. This way in the event of an external power source failure the Argo Navis will continue to run and not lose any of its settings.

If you go into "Mode Status" and then "Status Power" it will tell you what power source you are running on. If you remove the plug for the external power supply (which switches it to internal power supply) it will tell you the charge status of the internal battery supply.

It is strongly recommended that you remove the 4 x AA batteries when storing your Argo Navis unit as battery failure and leakage can damage the Argo Navis unit.

Cheers
John B
My advice is,if the unit is always attached to "external power" and there is little or no use of the "Internal power", then remove the batteries.
I have had even the most expensive batteries leak when not being used,because of using the external power.
I had to get my battery compartment replaced by Gary because of this happening.
Batteries were only three weeks old.
Better to be safe than sorry,for the saving of time in putting batteries in when using internal bat mode.
Cheers