Thread: Covid-19
View Single Post
Old 11-04-2020, 06:23 PM
Outcast (Carlton)
Always gonna be a NOOB...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Ward View Post
My comments relate to the Australian spread of COVID-19.
Clearly we are not in the same boat as the USA/Spain/Italy/UK
And the reason we are in the fortunate state we are in Peter is because of the 'risk aversion' that you proclaim to be weird!!

Also, in too many instances people, particularly young people are asymptomatic so, can unwittingly transmit the disease to others who DIE...

How would you feel if someone you love contracts the disease from someone who was asymptomatic & decided for themselves that they were no risk to anyone??

Whilst I don't disagree that some of the regulations seem a little draconian & somewhat vague, leaving interpretation on whether or not you should recieve a fine solely in the hands of the police officer that pulls you over sadly, some peoples behaviour has clearly illustrated the need for such sweeping restrictions.

Sure, you might just be responsible & do all the right things... trouble is there are still too many who aren't...

The very reason we are not experiencing the infection & mortality rates of Italy, Spain, UK & US are because of the actions we took... but, hey, sure.. let's just have at & let the people decide what they will & won't do... seemed to be work well in those countries eh?

I'm so sorry that your personal rights & freedoms have been impacted by the overwhelming need to keep others in the community safe, I mean, how dare they!!