View Single Post
Old 06-09-2021, 06:55 PM
legswilly (Werner)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mura_gadi View Post
Your using a LED diffused light(if its not, just rub it with some very fine wet and dry sand paper)? Strong 30,000mcd rating etc? You'll not get much feed back on the Ronchi till you at least get a flash polish on the face I think...

Ps. Another way to test your grits is to try a elutriation process, very effective and fairly easy.

I am using a Krypton bulb as it is shown on the autocollimation test movie from Stellafane. It is not diffused. It is a very bright light and I have to dim it to look at the 8" mirror, which is aluminised. What I am not clear about is, do you shine the light through the screen AND look through the screen, or do you shine the light through the screen and look at the mirror but not through the screen, or do you shine the light on the mirror and look at the mirror through the screen. Different sites say different things.

Thank you for the offer of some fishing line. I did it with a 10lb line, which worked out to 80 lines per inch, but what I would like to do is go on a web site like Microsoft or GIMP and see if someone would know enough to make a file with a grid that can be printed on a laser. That would be ideal, I could get it printed at a print shop on transparent film. I came across a site that had a pdf file full of 2 inch 100 grids, but on trying to print it was not good. Surely someone would know enough to produce a file like that. The Stellafane site also has one that gave me no joy.